Sunday, July 1, 2018

Curating Displays While Shopping for Vintage Collectibles

Sometimes when you're out junking, you discover when you get home that you've actually been curating items that work great together.  When I picked up the Pink Sea Shell Trinket Tray, the shopper next to me gasped.  Yep, I scored it first! *Big Smile*
I never imagined I was going to pair it with the adorable Josef Original Rose Garden Series porcelain doll figurine.
I just had everything spread out & they were in close proximity to one another.  I thought how cute would that look sitting on a little girls dresser.  So I looked around a bit more and realized the lotion I just purchased had some pink in as well.  I grabbed the Mariah Carey perfume bottle & the White Dasiy Brooch I already have listed
 & Waa-Lah!  I have a cute little dresser display.

 that I spied at one yard sale, matched up perfectly with this beautiful green glass vase with black trim purchased from a different garage sale.
  Candle holders are made for tapers but it didn't look right with a 3" tall vase.
  I love hunting for vintage collectables.
  It's extra fun when you find out you've curated a couple of little ensembles at the end of your shopping trip!

Do you find yourself doing this unconsciously?  Or is more like we're just drawn to things we like, so the probability is the we'll run across matching decor from time to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Antique Resale Shopping Down Hwy 421 Jasper Co & Hwy 2 Porter Co Indiana Junkyard Gypsy Style

This time of time of year in northwest Indiana can be kind of gloomy & cold.  We’re usually hoping for a bit more spring like weathe...