Monday, September 28, 2009

Best Olive Green Day

"Honey, I have a surprise for you" he said as he walked through the door.
But I already found a cool treasure today!  A really, really cool book, Rufus and Rose by Horatio Alger Jr. from the Ragged Dick Series 1898. 


He tosses me this grubby old military bag.  Wow, it's kind of heavy.  What's in it?  So I open it up and it's this  World War 2  gas mask and yellow canister!!!


 
The hose is covered in fabric or is it just fabric?  The canister is huge compared to the filters on gas mask today.  Can't open the mask it's become some what tight from being stored and I'm afraid it may crack some of the fabric.
So he wins again!  His treasure beat my treasure.
But that's Ok, it was a great olive green day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Antique Resale Shopping Down Hwy 421 Jasper Co & Hwy 2 Porter Co Indiana Junkyard Gypsy Style

This time of time of year in northwest Indiana can be kind of gloomy & cold.  We’re usually hoping for a bit more spring like weathe...